Life's Most Precious


Time.  Every second of every minute of ever hour, of every day...What do you do with the most valuable part of life?  Time.  As each day passes, I'm beginning to see life seem to pass quickly before my eyes.  What is it at the age of 32, that has opened my eyes to see life so differently?  So fragile.  To look in my five year old boy's eyes...so innocent...so full of life...they sparkle...such imagination...but to realize that once I blink, he's not going to be so little.  I won't be able to cradle him in my arms and kiss his head.  Because we all know that mommy kisses make everything better.  My kisses can heal all.  So my son believes.   Time.  Will my little boy remember the time I spent with him?  Will he remember our prayers spoken every night and every morning?  Will he remember how much I believed in him?  Am I doing all I can with what I've been given?  Do I make time for what matters most?  Do I make time for THOSE that matter most?  Do I listen time after time to those that pour their heart out or do I feel they are wasting my precious, valuable time? 

What would I have done differently the last few months my dad was on this earth?  What time would I have invested in him?  There is no price that can purchase any more time.  If it were possible, I would want to own stock in time.  Priceless.  Yet I see so many wasting it as if it's nothing.  I'm guilty of taking it for granted.  Too much time spent on social media or watching TV...instead of investing time in those that need it most.  In those that matter most.

Have you ever wanted to stop time or perhaps push the pause button on life?  Maybe it would allow you time to let life sink in.  Time to accept that life may not be fair.  Time to gather yourself before you fall apart.  So many of us have been through valleys so deep that a pause button would have been valuable.  We could have learned how to cope with life.  We would have been able to grieve without everyone else moving on with life while we picked up the pieces of what was left of ours.  But that isn't an option in life.  There is no stopping time nor is there an option to pause it.

What will you do with your time today?  I ask all of you to be wise.  Choose carefully what you do with your time.  It's one thing that is certain...you don't get it back.



Comments