What Echoes In My Head


Let me be transparent for a moment...

I market a hospital that treats prisoners on a daily basis... I see the fence lined with barbed wire everytime I enter this facility and it makes my heart race. It hurts. It's reality. 

 But one day I heard the sound of chains dragging the ground.  Literally.  I could hear feet shuffling followed by chains with every single step they took.  They had to take small steps because the chains would only allow them to move so much with each step. As I walked by the hallway I briefly saw the orange suit turn the corner with chains dragging the ground. Can you hear the sound? I still can. It's a sound I would have once ignored but now it echoes in my head. 

 It made my stomach churn because my little boys daddy was brought to this particular hospital... in chains. Never in a million years would I have thought my little boys daddy would be where he is right now.  Never would I have thought I would get nervous walking into a hospital wondering if I would run into my sons father... As a prisoner.  Wrists cuffed... Ankles cuffed... Never. 

 What if we could all see the "chains" that bind others? What if you could see the addiction literally being drug around by the addict?  What if you could see the depression wrapped around someone's wrist holding them a prisoner? What if you could literally hear the sound of hopelessness as one walked by you?  How would you feel? What would you do? 

 We all can be prisoners of something. Unforgiveness can hold us prisoner.  Jealousy.  Hatred.  These are chains that we can hide... But keep us from experiencing life! 

Break free today... Throw off the chains that are dragging behind you and walk free.  It's a choice... What will you do?

 

Comments