B1

You can learn a lot when you play Bingo.  For some reason every time I call out certain letters and numbers, my mind automatically wanders and it is hard to regain my focus.  I won't to quit calling Bingo and write when my thoughts are distracted.

I had written a post to my blog about I-19 several months back. Every time I call the letter I along with any number, it reminds me of the elderly man that wished he was that age (19). Every single time.  It also reminds me of someone with terrible English.  "How old are you?"  "I 19."  My mind is in la-la land often if you can't tell.  

But this last Bingo, B1 stood out to me. I guess because I still question my purpose or my reason for what I do every day. I see post on Facebook or Instagram about people and who they are or claim to be. I also see post about who they actually are not just pretending to be.  I realize that whatever season we may be in, whatever God is calling us to do, we are to do it 100%.  I may not be a home health marketing representative for the rest of my life but as for now, I need to B1. It is my job. It is my job title.  It is how I make a living and support my little boy.  I am a Christian but there are certain areas of my life where I could step it up a bit and become a better 1.  I need B1 to everyone I come in contact with daily whether or not I think they deserve any actions of kindness or not.  If I claim to be an encourager, I need to B1 every minute of every day.  I am a mother, and I need to B1 every moment of my son's life.  This means I need to B1 when I am tired.  This means I need to B1 when I want to do absolutely nothing but my son is wanting and needing my attention.  I am a daughter so I need to B1 every day.  I am a friend and I need to B1 every day, not just when I need one.  I am a sister so I need to B1 every day.  I am an Aunt (to the best nieces and nephew) so I need to B1 and I need to be the best that I can be.  They need to see that I truly care about their lives.  I also realize that I can't compare myself to others because we were all created differently.  I have many titles, as we all do, so why do we treat some as if they are more important than others.  Whatever it is we are, we need to B1.  

We need to B1 with everything that is within us.  I love Abraham Lincoln's quote, "Whatever you are, be a good one."  I know that we all don't have our dream job but what we do matters whether or not we realize it.  I have to remind myself daily of this because the enemy can sneak in and feed my thoughts with trash.  If you are a Christian, you should do your best at everything, not give it 50%.  I am guilty of this at times because I feel so much just doesn't matter but people are watching.  They watch you in the stands as your little boy plays ball.  They see you yell at him when he misses the ball too.  Yes, I am guilty.  People watch you underneath a microscope looking for anything that they can call you out on.  We are not perfect but we must be the best WE can be at all times.  

If we put our lives out for all to see, then we need to make sure we are who we claim to be. We are to B1 with every breath we take... no matter what it is we are "being."  

Take one area of your life today, focus your energy on trying to be the best in that area today.  

Sent from my

Comments