Changing the World One Word at a Time

 
Earlier this week, I was encouraged by a young lady and if you are reading this today, I want to thank you.  A simple word from someone that reads my blog weekly.  I had no idea this young lady even read my blog but her words lifted me.  All it took was for her to tell me that she enjoyed reading my blog weekly and to keep it up.  I certainly do not write for others to encourage me but I write because of a promise I made to my dad.  I write to share my heart with you all.  Anyone willing to read has a front row seat to the inside and depths of my very being.  So this conversation that took place at a restaurant stirred something inside of me and I want to share with you all. 
 
Webster defines encourage as to give support, confidence or hope to someone.  Someone supported me while boosting my confidence.  Their words gave me hope.  Hope that someone, somewhere is listening to my heart.  They are hearing my story that my dad told me to share with the world.  All it took was 10 seconds for her to change my mindset.  My week started out positive because someone took the time to encourage me.  Words have power.  Words from the heart have power.  Encouraging words have power.  What is it that stops us from encouraging someone?  What can we do to offer our support to someone else?  What confidence can we give a young mother who may be struggling each and every day?  Can our words offer hope to an addict?  What about the way we encourage our kids? I cannot tell you the impact my dad's encouraging words had on my life growing up. But not just my life.  Countless students and players.  What about those who smile every day from ear to ear?  You may look at them and think that your words wouldn't mean anything to them because all is well in their perfect little world.  But little do you know, they could be empty.  You could be just the person that can fill them back up because they are the one constantly lifting others up.  We all need to be encouraged.  We all need to hear positive words. 
 
Instead of discouraging others, let's encourage others.  If they are suceeding in a certain area of their life, let them know that you are proud of them.  A single mom studying every single day as she tries to provide for her young child needs to be encouraged.  Someone trying to get their head above the water after years of nearly drowning, needs to be encouraged.  Someone going through a divorce needs to be encouraged.  Someone that just received a harsh diagnosis needs to be encouraged.  A widow that is struggling to learn how to live without their spouse needs to be encouraged.  No one is ever exempt from needing a word of encouragement.  Don't judge a book by it's cover. Your words matter.  Your words can heal.  Your words can be life at the perfect moment.
 
Stop right now and take the time to encourage someone.  Send them a text.  Send them a letter.  Pick up the phone and call someone.  There are countless ways to encourage others.  It cost nothing but means the world once spoken.
 
 

Comments