If It Weren't For You


If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that pain could so quickly and easily be forgotten. 

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that all those sleepless nights would be worth it.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known how deeply I could love.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known the true innocence of a child.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that my kisses could heal anything.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that I could sleep with one hand over my face and a foot over my leg.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that bath time could be so much fun.

If it weren't for you, I'd have never known a dinosaur that puts stars on the ceiling could be so magical.

If it weren't for you, I'd have never known the importance of patience.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known how much my parents gave up for me.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known the strength I had to keep going when I wanted to just give up.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that I could be a morning person.  Waking up and seeing your sweet face is the best part of my morning. The best part of waking up is definitely not Folgers in my cup.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known how much fun pretending could be.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known how quickly time passes. Weren't you just born yesterday?

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known how much my decisions affect others.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that watching the Disney Channel would be so much fun.  Even when you aren't with me.  Who is guilty here?

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known that someone else's' happiness was more important than my own.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known just how much words matter.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known what it was like to have the biggest, brown eyes look up at me and completely melt my heart.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known what being a mom was like.  It is the BEST "job" in the world.

If it weren't for you, I'd never have known what it felt like to have my heart walk around outside of my body.

If it weren't for you, I'd have never experienced the best part of me.

If it weren't for you, I'd have never experienced a miracle and caught a glimpse of God.

If it weren't for you, I would not be here today.

There are so many things I would never have known if it weren't for you.



Comments