I See You

I was talking with a friend one day about not responding to certain people in their life.  The Bible is full of scripture that says "It's best to be quiet."  You can find that in Laurie Payne's version but it is also in others as well.  It's not always easy to sit back and be quiet while others constantly run their mouths.  Why should you keep quiet?  If someone is blasting you on social media, to others, why shouldn't you do the same?  

I have had to sit back, by choice, for many years.  My flesh has wanted to let my voice be heard.  And boy do I have a lot to say.  But God has kept me quiet for a reason.  I watch.  I watch those that have been part of these "talks."  I pass these people weekly.  I see their post on social media but I stay quiet.  I'm learning that it is best to just "be still."  Let them talk.  Let them lie.  Let them speak.  Let them judge.  

I have noticed that people that have never in their life met me, make assumptions about me based on something they have read or heard.  I have pages of "gossip" printed out from several years ago with names all over them.  I have wondered why they felt led to judge me without ever meeting me.  You see, these people chose to get involved with something they knew nothing about.  Hate.  Judgment.  Rumors.  Gossip.  Why?

You may not know it, but I see you.  I see when you make comments about me.  I see when you choose to get involved without knowing facts.  I understand that you may not care but I just wonder why.  I see you at church.  You passed right by me and wouldn't even acknowledge me.  I wonder if you would treat me the same if you took the time to get to know me.  If you ever decided to have lunch with me, would you still think of me the same?  Learn about me and why I do what I do.  Why I choose to remain silent when others vocalize everything.  I wonder if you know I have your name printed out on paper with very hateful words about me.  Someone you have never met?  Do you know why?  

We are all guilty of this at some point.  We hear a lot.  We see a lot.  We even involve ourselves in a lot.  But what if...what if we kept silent and instead of voicing our opinions...or even stated facts... We remained silent. 

Proverbs       26:20

Without wood a fire goes out; without a gossip a quarrel dies.

Let's not be so quick to speak... I believe life would be so much different for us all.  And before you think, "How dare her."  I am preaching to myself.  I am just sharing some from my personal experience and how it even affects me to this day.  

Don't judge someone before getting to know someone... You have no idea what they have walked through. 

Comments