I'm So Sorry


I don't want to know what you think about someone.  I honestly don't.  I don't want to hear what she said or what he said.  I want to gather my own opinion because I know what it's like for someone to spread lies about me or even their opinion.  I know what it's like to walk in a room and know everyone has already formed their own opinion based on what others have said about me.  Does it bother me?  Not really.  You will either find out the truth for yourself or you will fall victim to rumors.  The choice is yours.

But I fell victim.  I had heard your name before.  I've heard what some have said about you.  I tried to take up for you but I didn't know anything about you.  I had never met you.  Until the other night...

You walked right by me and I felt as if you snubbed me.  Were the things I was told true?  They must have been because the way you acted resembled exactly what I had been told.

But I watched you.  I watched as you worshipped.  I watched as you lifted your hands in complete surrender.  I watched the tears fall from your eyes.  I watched you walk over to your neighbor and pray for him.  Later that evening, we crossed paths.  You were carrying your grandson and we exchanged conversation.  You smiled.  You were kind.  You were nothing like I had heard.

After a few days had passed, I realized the weight you were carrying the night you walked right by me.  I see now that you were trying to be strong.  I realize that you were trying to hold it together to keep from falling apart in front of everyone.  You knew what was coming but I did not.  I judged you.  I allowed someone's opinion of you enter my heart.  And I am so sorry.  I did what I know not to do.

We truly never know the burdens someone is carrying.  We have no idea the silent battles they are facing.  The heartache they cover up each and everyday.  We have no idea the struggles they try to overcome.  We have no idea how much strength it took for them to even get out of bed.  Sometimes life is almost too much.  I know some of you can relate.  For those of you that don't understand, you can still be kind.

This past week was a reminder to look past what you hear and look past what you see.  Life is so much deeper that what appears on the surface.

There is an old saying... believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...  Someone obviously got it!

To the woman I judged... I am SO sorry.   Lesson learned.

Comments