The Law of Attraction



Alone is a mighty lonely place to be.  

Have you ever felt all alone in this great big world or maybe like the world was against you? 

I've felt like that on more than one occasion and more often than I'd like to admit.

A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting in the nursing home with my little boy's Papaw.  We were talking about his friends and his village.  I told him that he had a LOT of people that loved him.  Let's just say this 74 year old man has more friends than I do.

Have you ever met someone that always saw the good?  Regardless of what this person was going through, they remained positive.  Through heartache. Through pain.  Through loss.  Through hell.  Through gut wrenching loss.  They continued to be pleasant when everything around them was screaming something else.   

That person is my little boy's Papaw.  

I have known this man for a little over 13 years and we have been through highs and lows.  Very, VERY low times.  Over the past several years, we have grown very close.  I have watched this man give and give and give.  Give without expecting anything in return. His time.  His money.  Anything.  I have watched him be used and abused.  But he never retaliated.  He continued to give.  He continued to help.  He continued to love.  He continued to forgive.  Why?  Because that's the heart of this man.  His heart is GOOD.  

A good heart can't be overlooked.  A good heart produces good things.  A good heart attracts people.  A good heart can also lead to great pain.  But a good heart is what many of us are lacking.

I explained to this man that he had so many people surrounding him because he had a good heart.  He told me that everyone around him had a good heart.  That may be the case but I do believe that people are attracted to good people because they are few and far between.  I believe even those with the darkest of hearts are attracted to those with the biggest heart.

Our heart says a lot about us without us even realizing it.  Our heart makes us do things without hesitation whether that thing is good or bad.  

A couple of days ago, my little boy's Papaw was hurting.  Instead of complaining, he simply told the pain to "stop that."  I left his house saying, "We all need to be more like Papaw."

On the way home, I was complaining about something and my little boy looked over at me and said, "You need to be more like Papaw." 

Yes, yes I do.  We all do.  

The law of attraction is this:  You don't attract what you want.  You attract what you are.





  



   




Comments