Had I Known


I have been in outside sales for the past ten years.  It has been such a blessing for me and my son.  

I LOVE people.  I LOVE to meet new people and form relationships with these people.  I have made some great contacts over the past several years because of my job that I am forever grateful for.  Sales is in my blood.  I think it's part of my DNA.  

With that being said, I recently had a career change or should I say a territory change.  I knew that my time with my son would be cut short.  I didn't realize how much I treasured our time together until I realized I was experiencing the "last" moments.

Friday, February 14th, I went to pick up my son from school for the last time.  My heart HURT.  I drove up to see my little boy standing in his normal spot and tears filled my eyes.


 I have had several months to enjoy him.  I have had ample time to eat lunch with him and truly soak in every single moment.  But... I didn't use my time wisely.  I took it for granted.  

I've always treasured our time in the morning and afternoon even if it was five minutes here and there.  Those five minutes were focused minutes.  We had each other. No distractions.  Just me and my kiddo. 

We have always prayed in the morning on the way to school and then in the afternoon, we would discuss his day at school.

That ended all too soon and my heart was broken.  Shattered.  Why did I waste those days?  Can I have just a few more so I can mentally record them?

Had I known that those were my last...I would have slowed down.  I would have taken advantage of my free time.  I would have hugged him a little tighter before dropping him off and squeezed him a little more when driving home after school.

Moms... my point is this... don't waste your time.  Don't waste the opportunity before you.  You truly never know when it will be your last.



  • Time is a gift.  
  • We have the power to choose what we do with our free time.  
  • Don't waste it.
  • Don't take for granted the gift that God has entrusted you with.
  • Our kids are on loan so make sure that time with them is treasured.
I don't want to live with the "had I known" thoughts.  I want to live in the moment and treasure those MOMents.

  


     

Comments