Seasons

As I was mowing my yard one day, I saw the leaves had fallen from the trees onto the grass.  It's a sign that summer is ending and a new season is about to begin.  God spoke to me and reminded me that we will go through seasons in our lives.  I thought about the beauty that blooms when spring approaches.  The bright colors that fill our eyes.  I thought about the longer days filled with God's beaming sunlight. In my mind, I was painting a picture of spring and summer.  I started to think that spring and summer had so much beauty and that fall was so dull.  The grass doesn't grow or stay green.  The flowers don't bloom as bright and the sun doesn't stay out as long.  The sky gets darker and the air gets colder.  I began to picture fall as a gloomy season but then I remembered the beautiful colors the leaves turn.  The thankful hearts we have and the joy we experience when Christmas season is here.  The resolutions we set for a new year.  Though the fall is a darker and colder season, there is still so much beauty to be seen.  When we are in a difficult season, there is still so much beauty to be seen if only we take our focus off of the problem(s).  When we are walking through the valley, we tend to keep our eyes on the negative instead of the positive and it quickly pulls the rug from underneath our feet.  We are knocked down and find it almost impossible to get back up.  It's sometimes easier to stay down.  We don't have to fight.  We settle and think this is as good as it's going to get.  But that's not the truth.  It's a season.  Seasons will come and go as long as we are living.  There is beauty in every season.  So no matter what season you are going through at this moment, remember that it will pass.  Look for the beauty.  It is there.

Comments