The Greatest Fan Of My Life

One of the greatest memories I have with my dad was in 2005 as I walked down the stairs with him competing for the title of Miss LA.  A dream that I let fade.  But, I was able to give it one shot and my dad was right by my side.  I don't remember much about the week I competed but I remember walking down the stairs during evening gown holding the arm of my rock.  He was so proud.  I realized at that moment, whether I took home the crown or not, that I was living out my dream.  I'll never forget the song that played that night, "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain.  Now I know this is a romantic song and it had absolutely nothing to do with a father and a daughter; however, one line described my dad perfectly.  I'll be the greatest fan of your life.  My dad has been my number one fan since the day I was born.  I was his baby girl.  There was absolutely nothing I couldn't accomplish because my dad instilled in me from day one, that I could do it all.  He was Beck's greatest fan.  He was my Bubba's (Robert Charles Jr) greatest fan.  He was also my little boy's greatest fan.  George Strait sings a song about the moments that take our breath away and in the opening verse it describes a little boy looking up from second base to see his dad in the stands.  He told his dad after the game that he thought he had a plane to catch and his dad responded with a "yeah, son, I did".  There are times in our lives that we put off certain events to capture moments and these moments will not be forgotten.  

My greatest fan has been gone for two months now and there are days that it doesn't seem real.  But I know he's watching over all of us and isn't missing out on any moments that take our breath away.  He would get upset when he had to choose between two grand-kids when they had events on the same night at the same time.  Now, he gets to see it all.  I'm so thankful and blessed for my greatest fan.  He taught me how to be Kendall's number one fan.  As my son grows older, I hope that he's able to remember moments when his mommy was there to cheer him on.  I hope he knows that I will always be his greatest fan.     

Who is your greatest fan?  Who sees you as their greatest fan?  Remember that moments will soon become memories.  Cherish them.

Comments