The Most Powerful

Back in August of 2012, I was visiting Family Church and sitting beside my dad during worship.  At that time, I knew my dad was very, very sick.  I just didn't realize how sick he was.  They sang a song with the lyrics below:

The mountains shake before Him
The demons run and flee
At the mention of the name
King of majesty
There is no power in hell
Or any who can stand
Before the power and the presence of the Great I Am!

Tears fell from my eyes as I thought about the true meaning of what we were singing.  My dad, who had been in pain for so many years, could truly be healed.  Battles could be won.  Lives could be changed.  Marriages could be saved.  So much could change if we only believed what we sang.  

Later that day, I sent the below e-mail to my dad:

I think we forget sometimes the power of our God!! Sometimes we doubt something that we may deem impossible! God still heals!! And not just your cancer! He heals our mind... Our regrets... Our fears... Our worries... Our doubts... Whatever it is that consumes our thoughts... We are to place in the hands of the Great I Am!!

He still is!!! Thought I would share that with you... I love you and I pray for you daily! 


As I sat in church this morning on September 1, 2013, a little over  a year later, I felt the need to share this with everyone.  Let's not merely say or sing words.  Let's put faith behind what we know.  Let's live out the song, The Great I Am.  If you are hurting today, call on the Great I Am.  If you struggle with your past, call on the Great I Am.  If you have any fear or doubt, call on the Great I Am.  Whatever it is you need, call on the Great I Am.  


Ephesians 3:20-21

New King James Version (NKJV)
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.




Sent from my iPhone

Comments

  1. May God bless you for what you are doing here. I pray your words reach those who need them most, bringing them hope and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment