Hello World


Sometimes this world can feel as if everything in it is closing in on us.  There are days that feel like nothing we do makes a difference.   Would anyone even realize we weren't here anymore if we just disappeared.  Would anyone care?  Life can throw us major curve balls and if we aren't mentally prepared for them, we can sink into a deep, dark, hole.  Everyday that we wake up is a blessing.  I got so lost in my life that I begin to ask myself questions that scared me.  I was mentally weak.  My mind would wander and I would allow it to go places that it never should.  I would question everything that was going on.  My faith had hit rock bottom.  There was a time a few years ago when my little boy was in PICU and I couldn't pray for him.  I couldn't pray that God would heal him.  It was the scariest place I had ever been.  But, I would still go to the words in red and read them though because I knew they were LIFE.  I knew if I allowed my thoughts to continue down the path they were headed...it would be total destruction.  Have you ever been in a room full of people?  People laughing? People dancing?  People having a good time?  But it's as if you stood still.  It was a complete blur?  Everything spun around you.  I've learned that life doesn't stop for you to heal.  For you to catch up.  For you to find yourself.  For you to get it together.  It keeps on going and you lose time.  You lose memories.  Several years ago a song came out "Hello World" and it hit home.  I would pick my little boy up from daycare and he would run to me yelling out "mommy, mommy".  It's as if God was telling me, "Laurie, it's all going to be alright."  If we take our focus off of what matters most for just one minute, the world can grip you.  It can take you in quickly without you ever realizing it.  This morning as you face the day, just think to yourself, "Hello World-How you been-Good to see you, my old friend".  Live life to the fullest each and every day! Don't look back and wonder where time went...it doesn't wait. Hello World.

Comments