Internet Down

My Internet has been down for nearly a week now. I didn't realize how much time I spent on the Internet whether it be on social media, google, work or even writing my blog. It's become part of my everyday life.

But over the past week I've had more time... I actually thought to myself maybe God was trying to speak to me because others were able to access the Internet while at my house. It also reminded me of the scene from Dumb and Dumber. "Get off your phone. Have you ever heard of the concept of other people. Me being other people." I'm sure I paraphrased that a bit but you get the point if you've ever seen that movie. It's also a line I find I'm able to use more and more because everyone is so consumed now a days with their phones.

So what this meant for me? No social media. No keeping up with the        Jones'.

It meant putting my phone on he charger as soon as I got home. It meant I was able to actually engage with my little boy. I was able to be a ninja while he acted as an army man.  I was able to tickle him over and over. It never got old hearing him say "mommy tickle me to my goodness." I'm still not quite sure what that meant but it made me happy to bring laughter to his life.  It meant I could relax without searching Pinterest for crafts I'll never make or food I'll never bake! I was able to sit and dive into a book and feel every word that was written on every single page.

My favorite happening was falling asleep with my 5 year old as we told stories to each other about certain events that transpired over the past five years, nearly six, years.  He even brought tears to my eyes as I watched him laugh to the point of not being able to catch his breath. He kept on wanting me to tell him more stories. He even shared some of his favorite memories with me. This is something you would think a twenty year old would share with their mother, not a five year old with his mother.

I felt so blessed! What put me in some sort of a bind, was actually a tremendous blessing. If I just look for the good in life, I'll find it around every single corner. Instead of focusing on the things I don't have, and focus on what's before my eyes, I will quickly realize I have more than I'll ever need!

So should your Internet go down, don't fret, you'll make memories you'll never forget! Life does go on without modern technology!!

Comments