He KNOWS Me


I absolutely love to watch my little boy sleep.  I know, exciting right? But it's a pure, angelic sight.  I wonder what he dreams because I'm sure it's about cars, over-sized army men or perhaps flying pigs but not the evils of this world.  One night as I stared at his flawless face and brushed his gold locks out of his eyes, a scripture came to mind.  In Luke, chapter 12 verse 7, it states that "Indeed the very hairs on your head are all numbered.  So don't be afraid:  you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows."  As I meditated on that verse, I looked at my little boy's Rapunzel like hair and realized that I could never count the number of hairs on his head.  I could tell you where every freckle that decorates his little body is and I could tell you where the placement of his dimples are.  I could tell you every scar and where the scar came from because I KNOW my little boy.  I could draw an exact replica of my little boy, if I had the talent.  But I could never tell you or even guess the number of hairs on his head.  But my God knows every single strand of hair on my head.  And not only does He know, He cares.  I am valuable to Him.  My son is valuable to Him.  For God to know the number of hairs on my head makes me realize that He cares about the little things in life.  He knows my heart and my deepest desires and He CARES.  As much as I love my little boy.  As much time as I spend staring at him.  As much time as I spend questioning my decisions I make for him...God doesn't just shrug His shoulders at me.  He sees my thoughts.  He knows my thoughts.  He cares for me as much as I care for my little boy.  He spends time watching me sleep.  He actually knows what I dream and my dreams aren't about cars but the evils of this world.  Satan loves to catch us when we are most vulnerable and for me, that's when I sleep.  But God, my Heavenly Father is right by my side.  He's watching my every move and guiding my every step as a mother would her son.  He wants what's best for me as I want what's best for my son.  I'm reminded that I have someone in my corner fighting for me.  I am valuable.  My little boy is valuable.  You are valuable. 

Next time you begin to worry about the smallest situation in your life, remember that God knows the very hairs on your head.  He is God in the small stuff...He is God in the big stuff!  If you ever question your worth, remember Luke 12:7...you are valuable!

Comments