Are You Wanted in Others Circle?

I notice on Facebook occasionally, that people decide they need to "clean up" their friends list.  Which means they start deleting "friends" from their list or block them from viewing their profile.  There is even an option to unfollow a certain person.  Sometimes they decide to delete them because someone is "telling all their business" or maybe because they don't like their political views.  Some are deleted because all they post is drama, drama, drama. 

I've always been told that you become like those you spend the most time with.  You begin to think like them.  Act like them.  Talk like them.  Perhaps you even begin to believe what they believe.  Your circle of influence could be pulling you into a pit that will take the rest of your life to climb out of, if you allow it. 

Over the years I have had to "clean-up" my friends or my circle.  I noticed the common denominator in most of them wasn't positive.  Number 1, I want my circle to live out God's word.  I have fallen short of this time after time ...after time.  But I realize now more than ever that my walk isn't just about me anymore...it's about me and also my son.  It's about me and my "circle".  It's about me and my co-workers.  It's about me and the people that I come in contact with on a daily basis and also those that I may only encounter once in a lifetime.  You never know the impact you have on an individual.  Whether you realize it or not, there is someone that looks up to you. There is someone who views you as a role model.  They put you on a pedestal whether you want them to or not. 

But, a person can even be used as an example of someone they do not want to become.  They can use the life of another and learn from their decisions as what NOT to do.  You can watch an individual keep repeating the same things over and over and continue getting the same results...insanity. It happens every single day and people look around and question how they hit rock bottom.  It can be a reflection of their circle.  Proverbs 13:20 states:  "whoever walks with the wise will become wise; whoever walks with fools suffer harm."

Who are you walking with today?  Are you cleaning up your friends list or is someone perhaps "unfollowing" you?

Comments