I Hear Voices



No I'm not crazy - at least I haven't been diagnosed yet! And before you judge me, I know you hear voices too. I believe we all do. You can call them thoughts if it will make you feel better. Some perhaps are good for us but others can suck the very life out of us.

I even have conversations with these voices - maybe not audibly. I even add fuel to the fire and I begin to listen to these voices and they become louder and louder... Until they consume me. Voices that tell me this is as good as it's going to get. Voices that tell me I gave up on everything that would have given me a better life. Voices that tell me my past decisions are going to hold me back for the rest of my life. These are voices from the enemy that want nothing but to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10) what God is doing in my life. These voices can even tell me what others are thinking! (These are special voices) All kidding aside...These voices (thoughts) have kept me from experiencing the best God has for me because I begin to doubt. I begin to believe that the best days are behind me.

Recently I let my mind keep me from experiencing a major milestone in my family. I allowed the enemy to keep me from a place that pours life into my soul! After an eye opening experience, I have learned to push those negative thoughts (voices) aside and focus on hearing the still, small voice (1 Kings 19:12).  The voice that says Laurie, I'm not finished with you yet! Laurie, you've only just begun! Laurie, your past is your past and I have great plans ahead of you! Plans for a future! Plans to prosper you, not harm you. Laurie, trust me!

The enemy says, you're not good enough to get that job promotion. God says before you were born I set you apart (Jeremiah 1:5). The enemy says, you'll never have children, God says, I know the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4). The enemy says, you'll never get out of the deep hole you dug yourself, God says let the past be the past and keep focusing on what lies ahead (Phil 3:13). The enemy says you are worthless. God says you are a child of the King. The enemy says you are too small with no power. God says remember the story of David and Goliath. The enemy says you'll never find a mate, God days trust in The Lord with all your heart (Proverbs 3:5).

Learn to distinguish voices of the enemy... If you hear a voice saying work on your marriage. Don't give up! Know that the enemy wants nothing but destruction of your marriage and know that's not the enemy speaking to you! Don't question a voice that's in line with God's word... Know that God is not the author of confusion. He's the God of peace. Push those voices aside and begin to hear the voice of God!

Be still... And know that He is God!






Comments