You Aren't What You Aren't

 

You are what you are.  Do you realize God created you unique? We were created to be different! How boring this world would be if we were all the same... Identical! We all have gifts. Some of us share gifts similar to others and some of us are total opposites.

If you judge me for my singing skills, I will disappoint you.  I wasn't born a singer. So if you see me for what I'm not, you are setting me up to fail.  Am a single mother.  But I'm not damaged.  I'm not broken. You aren't your addiction.  You aren't your past.  You aren't your brother or sister.  Is it difficult for us to see the good in others or is it easier to focus on their faults?  Is it easier to praise someone or focus on their short comings?

I believe we all need to be given words of encouragement. If you see someone doing a good job, tell them! If you see someone constantly comparing themselves to others, help them find their strengths.  If you are consistent in your words of negativity towards others, others will begin to doubt themselves.  Positive reinforcement works! Try it! Positive energy creates a positive atmosphere.  Negative energy creates a negative atmosphere.

Why would someone want to listen to another constantly focusing on their faults? People work better in a positive environment.  People go out of their way for positive people.  They do more for those that encourage them rather than those who put them down.

So today, I challenge you all to see people for who they are.  Help others see who they are rather than who they aren't.  Stop comparing others. We are different. Every single one of us. We are YOUnique and Bea YOU tiful just the way we are.

You are YOU and there is no other who can be a better you... Than you!

Comments