Laughter is Good for the Soul-The Bible Tells Me So

In Proverbs 17:22 (there's that number again) it says, "A cheerful heart is good medicine..."

During my dad's stay at MD Anderson, we had to find humor in the everyday journey of my dad battling cancer.  The dreaded C word that I have grown to detest.  We can still find ourselves laughing at some things that happen while my dad was in Houston.  He had several pairs of glasses (about 50 pair) but would always wear the ones that had tape in the middle and missing one side.  Why?  That's just who my dad was.  He would wear shirts with holes in them.  He just didn't care but it helped us deal with the heartache we were facing...because laughter truly is the best medicine.

I started a journal about my son's sayings and I look back on them from time to time.

1.  I was doing leg lifts one evening and I was counting...  25,26,27,28,29...and Kendall chimed in with 20 ten. 

2.  Kendall was giving his daddy a high-five but instead he said high-four.

3.  We were attending the Watermelon Festival in Farmerville, LA one year and when we drove up, Kendall asked me if we were at the Lemonade Festival.

4.  I had gotten Kendall some pajama's that said "All you Want For Christmas Is Me" and after I read it...he said "No I want dinosaurs"

5.  I had my shorts on inside out one day and Kendall told me I had them on sideways.

6.  Kendall and I were eating hush puppies one day for lunch and he took one of mine and told me that I have one hush dog.

7.  Kendall saw a bird and told me it was "vel-crow"

8.  Kendall was praying one night and thanked God that we were normal.  (not sure if that's true)

9.  Kendall:  What are chicken-pops?  Me:  You had them.  They look like mosquito bites.  Kendall:  No, if you get them you turn into a chicken.

10.  My son randomly said to me, "Another day another nickel"

He is certainly my happiness...he is my medicine when I'm not feeling well physically or emotionally.  He is quiet but he's listening.  His sense of humor is joy to my soul.

Thank God for laughter...thank God for kids!

Comments