A Girl Can Dream


 
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true
 
 
It amazes me how dreams can change.  Some dreams come to pass.  Some dreams may take a lifetime to achieve.  Some dreams will die when you die or some may do just that, die.
 
I've had so many dreams over the past 33 years.  One of my dreams came to pass when I was crowned Miss Cinderella.  I mean what little girl wouldn't want that title?  I can close my eyes and see myself the night I was crowned.  My inner "tough girl" came out when they announced the first runner up.  I will never forget her name.  McKenzie Gilbert.  It was music to my ears because it wasn't my name being called.  I heard my name called as 4th runner-up,  3rd runner-up,  2nd runner-up, and 1st runner-up.  But this time, I didn't hear it as a runner-up.  I jumped at least one foot (not very pageant like) and cried my little eyes out.  I was Miss Cinderella and on cloud nine.
 
Thirty days from now my son and I will walk right up to Cinderella's castle.  We will walk around the place where dreams come true.  I will watch my little 6 year old have the time of his life and I won't be able to control my thoughts about dreams.  I'm sure while I'm there that passions of the past will begin to rise up within me because of the "magical" experience.  I was always taught to dream and I will teach my child the same.
 
Walt Disney had a dream and pursued it with all his heart.  He created a place where dreams can come true.  Some of those that have been diagnosed with a terminal illness are granted a wish and most of those wish to visit Disney World.  How amazing is that?  One wish and they want to visit Disney World.  Can you imagine how that must have felt to Mr. Walt Disney?  To know that out of all the places in the world, someone chooses to visit a theme park you created!
 
Mr. Walt Disney wanted Disney World to be a place where age relives fond memories of the past...and where youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. 
 
I am now 33 years old and my dreams are no longer about me.  My dreams are no longer self- centered.  Though there is nothing wrong with dreams of becoming Miss Cinderella or Miss Louisiana, I have changed the way I think.  I do have "dreams" that I would like to see come to pass but these dreams do not matter in the long run.  My dreams now are for my little boy and for my family.  But, you never know what dreams may be birthed after a trip to Disney World...so stay tuned for...the rest of the story!
 
Remember that a dream is a dream...no matter how big or small!  Don't stop dreaming...ever! (I know you sang that to the tune of Don't Stop... Believing -- and if not, it's in your head now)
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments