Who Is Your Favorite Character?



My son's school had "favorite character" day at school for homecoming week.  I saw many characters for sure and some weren't even dressed up! (Joking)

I believe we all have a favorite character and I bet we all have one from our childhood days.  But have you ever questioned why they were your favorite character?  Mine was Cinderella.  Go figure.  She was a daddy's girl.  But when her father wasn't around any more, (he passed away) her life became difficult.  It wasn't the life she had when her dad was around.  But yet she remained joyful.  She was basically made a slave in our own home but still she smiled.  She sang.  And finally, her time to shine came.  Her "fairy Godmother" came to her rescue and redeemed her.  She got her prince.  Her knight in shining armor.  He sought after her.  He literally RAN after her.  Who doesn't want to be chased?  Who doesn't want to be wanted?  Cinderella was beautiful.  She could sing.  She had GLASS slippers! What an amazing ending for a beautiful fairytale.  Happily ever after.

Well, most of us know that is not reality.  Life isn't always "happily ever after."  But, we still create a character for ourselves.  What character would you be right now if you asked those closest to you?  What character would those who barely know you choose?  If you were put in Cinderella's "shoes", (and not the  glass slippers) would you remain joyful?  Would you continue to sing when nothing seemed to go your way?  Peoples' true character shows when they are put to the test.  Their character shows when the world closes in on them.  I would have to say that I have been several characters throughout my life.  Not all of them are the "good" guys either.  But I wonder if someone would choose to be me one day if they had to choose a "character" to "dress as" for a day.  Would I be among their favorite?   What am I doing with my life to make others want to "be" me for a day?  I'm not a super-hero.  I have no magic.  I can not sing.  I have no glass slippers.  (a few crowns, but no glass slippers)  So, what am I doing that would rank among the favorites? 

Character.  What defines you?  I do not mean the size of your home or the car you drive.  I am not referring to the amount of money you have in the bank or the rock on your finger.  Character is not what name brand you wear or what your job title is at work.  Character is what defines you.  What character are you creating to leave behind for others to follow?  

Perhaps we may need to erase a few lines that we have drawn in order to create a "favorite" character for others.  Let's be "Cinderella" when life gets tough.  Let's sing.  Let's laugh.  Let's smile.  Let your life be the "happily ever after" no matter the circumstances.   "Character" counts!  Be someones "favorite character."
   

Comments