Why I Share So Much


Why do I share so much about my life?  I know there are people who read my blog, see my Facebook posts or my Instagram pictures and wonder why I post so much.  Why do I always share pictures of my little boy or memories about my dad?  Why have I become more open with my life to the public?

God has opened my eyes so much over the past year about my story, my journey, my testimony.  I see so many inspired by others who face a devastating illness with incredible courage.  Those who walk a difficult road in life.  Those who raise special needs children with unwavering faith.  Those who are faced with divorce that they did not want.  Others who experience heartache beyond anything we can imagine with a smile on their face.  Daily, I am encouraged by so many who walk through life with a positive outlook.  No matter what they face, they see the good.  They see the sun when darkness is closing in on them.  So what is it that keeps me from sharing my story?  Is it that my story does not compare to theirs?  At times, I have felt that way.  Why would someone want to hear my life story when someone else has walked through a valley much deeper than mine?

Then I realized, all of our journeys are different.  Some of us can understand one another better because we can relate to similar circumstances in our lives.  Addicts understand addicts.  Single mothers understand single mothers.  Those that battle or have battled cancer understand those that have been diagnosed with the dreaded C word.  Those that have lost children understand others who have lost children.  Do you understand what I am referring to?  We may not understand each other completely but we understand enough.  We know what it's like to walk in someone elses' shoes that is going through something similar.  

So I share.  I share to give others hope.  I share to perhaps encourage one person that may stumble upon my blog that has given up.  I share pictures of my little boy to encourage single mothers that life doesn't have to "normal" as society sees it.  You can raise a child or children on your own.  You don't have to continue down a path that will soon suck the very life out of you.  You don't have to struggle each and every day.  Enjoy the season you are in.  No matter the circumstance, look for the silver lining.  Some times it can be very difficult to find.  There will be days that you are walking around with your head in the clouds.  There will be no sign of the sun but if you keep walking...those clouds will slowly disappear.   You will see the light.  Be encouraged. 

Life goes on.  Life does not stop for anyone to gather themselves.  We learn as we go.  We have to accept the way things are at times.  There will be good days and there will be bad days.  But on those bad days, don't allow yourself to crawl back into the hole you just dug yourself out of.

My story is not near complete.  There are pages of my story that I have written... there are pages that I have allowed others to write...and then there are pages where God erased some paragraphs and wrote for me.  He has taken me from a broken person to a restored and redeemed single mother of a fabulous 6 year old boy.

I know that so many have no idea what I go through daily.  The battles in my mind.  The struggle of not having my rock here with me.  Having my little boy ask me questions about his daddy.  It may not seem significant to most, but there are those that understand and I want to give them hope.  I will not stop sharing my story.  It may not be a fairytale...but I believe, actually I know, with all my heart...there will be a happy ending.  I will learn to enjoy each and every chapter of my book.  I will walk my journey with hope.  I will strengthen my faith daily.  I will encourage others. 

I will share...my story. 
 


Comments