Out With The Old



I have chosen words for the past few years.  A word that I feel will be my "word" for the new year.  The past two years were words I chose.  Believe and hope.  Both are great but neither forced me to do anything differently.  I was believing that 2013 was going to be my year.  It was actually one of the worst years of my life.  For the year 2014, I chose the word hope.  I was hoping for a better year.  I was hoping for certain things to come to pass.  Many of them did, but many of them did not.  But for the year 2015, God showed me very clearly the word "purposeful". 

Some times we get so caught up in life, we just go through the motions.  Everything becomes routine.  Life may even become meaningless.  This year, I will strive to be more purposeful in ALL that I do.  I will work with purpose.  I will remind myself that my job matters.  I will intentionally spend more quality time with my friends and family.  I will make moments matter with those that matter.  I will allow myself to be more transparent in all aspects of life.  I will love like I have never loved before.  I will allow walls to fall and push the ole tough girl aside.  Each and every day I will see purpose. 

I encourage you to sit down and truly find out what God wants from you in 2015.  Allow Him into the depths of your soul.  Be honest with yourself about certain changes you would like to see in your life this year.  What did you learn in 2014 that will make 2015 a better year?  Life has a way of teaching us from moments that could have broken us.  When we realize that our lives have purpose, it becomes more than a minute by minute ride.  It truly becomes LIFE.  LIVE LIFE with purpose.  Open your eyes to everything around you and see it beyond the surface. 

A new year is truly life changing. 

 It is a clean slate.  What will you do with it? 



Comments