Why Do Bad Things Keep Happening To Us




Last week, I had an incredible story to share about a little talk I had with my 6 year old son...but I accidently deleted it.  So, I will attempt to write again.

We had a string of events happen  to us last week that shook us up a little.  I had been out of town for a sales training seminar.  When I came back in town later the next evening, my carport looked a little too clean.  I noticed that my son's motorcycle was missing.  After several phone calls, I realized it was stolen.  The next day, I did a little PI work and found the thieves that stole from my 6 year old son. (I missed my calling)  I made sure that day that I was prepared should any one try to come back to our house.  The "enemy" knew that I knew who he was.  The "enemy" now knew who I was.  The "enemy" tried to steal our joy.  But we no longer find our treasure on earth but store our treasures in Heaven.  (Matthew 6:20)  Was I frustrated? You better believe it...but I know what the enemy attempts to harm...God will make good. (Gen. 50:20)

That night (the day I busted the thieves), I had to call the cops again.  They came to my house around midnight to discuss some things that I found to be out of the ordinary.  My son woke up while I was outside so needless to say, he was afraid.  The next morning as I was bathing him, he asked me "Mommy, why do bad things keep happening to us?" (and no it is not Karma for those thinking that)  It opened a door for a teachable moment.  I tried to explain to my son that when you are a threat to the enemy, he will do whatever it takes to "steal, kill and destroy" you.  (John 10:10) The first day, the enemy tried to "steal" our joy.  He later tried to "kill" our peace that has hovered over our home since we have lived here.  The enemy was trying to literally destroy us.

If you read more of the verse in John 10:10...God says that HE came to give life and life abundantly.

 We are now "armed" with the armor of God...and more... (Ephesians 6:10-18) so that when (because he will) the enemy tries to prowl again...we will be prepared.  We will be ready for battle.  We will not back down or back off...

Just because we live "good" or "right" or do "good", doesn't mean that bad things won't happen.  Sometimes...the better you live...the more bad that happens.  You can look around and see that all the time... and hear people say "why do bad things always happen to good people"?  Here is your answer...the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy...but thank goodness that Greater is HE that lives in us than he that lives in this world. (1 John 4:4)

Comments