Do You Know Your Purpose

Purpose

Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life. Do you know your passion? Do you know your purpose? 

My dad told me this early on in life and I have never forgotten it. You are happier when you are doing what you love to do. You have reason to get up each morning because you know you are setting out to accomplish your purpose in life. When your heart is behind what you do each day... It becomes something you enjoy. It's not a job but your life.  My degree is in marketing.   Do I enjoy it? Absolutely, because I love meeting new people every day.  Is it my passion? Absolutely not. 

 I don't know what my purpose was but I do know my purpose now. Our hardships can become our story. Our story can become our purpose if we share it with a passion. I would not wish the past 9 years (and the years to follow) of my life on my worst enemy. But my struggles have made me stronger. My mistakes can perhaps prevent another from making the same ones I made. 

Unless you have faced life as a single mom... You'll never understand my (or other single moms) day to day struggles whether you have one child or ten. The battles I face as a single mom.  

Unless you have loved an addict... You'll never understand the heartache I have endured and unless you are or have been an addict... You'll never understand why I do certain things and why I don't do certain things. But if you have... Then we can journey through life together. We can help each other.  We can be there for support when someone has to walk in our shoes and possibly prevent them from walking further down the path we walked. 

As a single mom, I can relate to other single moms. My heart will always be passionate for other single moms regardless of my relationship status. My heart will always hurt for those who have to watch their loved one as they battle addiction. I will have compassion for those who struggle daily as they fight a fight that most will never understand. 

Purpose!! We all have one. Don't allow your past or your mistakes keep you from setting new goals or dreams! It can be the one thing that can change your life forever and for the better. Your purpose can change lives... Perhaps even save lives!! Write down what it is you are passionate about and go after it with all you have!! Live with purpose!!! 

Your story is the key that could unlock someone else's prison!

Comments