It Has Been One Year

I'm sure some have wondered why I share so much about my life. Some may think part of my story is embarrassing or think I should keep some things to myself. But for those that question my reasoning behind it all -- then you aren't the audience I'm trying to reach. I share so others can know where I came from. I share to give others hope. And for any who stand in judgement -- make sure you live in a glass house. I want to share my story with the world - so that everyone can understand what God has done in my life. 

One year ago this coming weekend - I had my last alcoholic drink. I should get a sobriety chip just as a reminder of how far I have come. The daily temptation has never left my thoughts but God has always given me a way out when I wanted to wander back to my past. The past that He redeemed me from. The past that held me hostage in a very dark place. A place that I never want to return to. 

You see -- I've been called many names because I don't drink. I have been called holier than thou -- I have been called weird. I have been told I wasn't normal (please define normal) because I don't drink. I have been asked why I don't drink. I have been the only one drinking in some settings while most tried to "peer pressure" me to drink so that I could "fit in". And it basically boils down to the fact that I don't need to nor do I have to. 

Alcoholism runs on both sides of my sons families. So why would I want to set an example of something that could take his life. Ruin his life. It has done nothing for my life. It took over my life. It interfered with my work (sorry Bossman) and it could have taken my life or the life of an innocent person that happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

So this weekend - I celebrate life. I celebrate one year! I thank God for His hand on me and my son during times that could have changed our lives forever. He has redeemed me -- He has set me free! He has delivered me. I am forever changed! 

For those that read this and struggle with any type of addiction -- there is hope!!!! Don't give up and don't give in!! Fight for your life and those you love! With God -- all things are possible!! 

Comments