But What If I Fall


Persistence.  Dream.  Hope.  Never Give Up.  Don't quit.  Consistency.  Passion.  Heart.  Goals.  Mind set.  Failure.  Fear.  Heartache.  Dare.  Perseverance.

These words all come in to play when we have a dream.  I could hear my dad responding with the comment in the above picture if I asked him that question.  What if I fall?  Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?

What are you afraid of?  What keeps you from pursuing your dream?  Your goals?  What holds you back from flying?  Are you afraid others will laugh at you?  Are you afraid of failure?  We all have dreams whether they are big or small.  One of the last conversations I had with my dad, I made a promise.  I had a dream about this promise in the back of my mind for nearly ten years that is slowly coming to pass.  (stay tuned) It is not what I had envisioned and honestly, I had given up until a few months after my dad passed away.  I was consistent.  I kept on writing, every. single. week.  I have wanted to give up because I questioned if I was even making a difference  But, I remembered I made a promise.  A promise I will never let die.

My dad wrote an article in his book, From the Heart, titled -- "Would You Chase Your Dream For 45 Years?"  It has only been two years since I found a passion or goal I had lost and there were days I wanted to throw in the towel.  Call it quits.  Only TWO years.  But, Caleb from the Bible waited over 40 years until he saw his dream fulfilled.  Wow.  I haven't even lived 40 years and this man waited 40 years on his dream.  He was persistent.  He never lost hope.  He never threw in the towel.  I'm sure he was ridiculed day in and day out.  But, when you have a passion behind your dream, you don't let anything stop you.  There is nothing that will get in your way because your heart is involved.  It is something you desperately want.  I had no one encouraging me as kept my promise every week...there were days I would get discouraged because my dad was always the one to let me know he was proud of me.  Now, don't get me wrong, there were occasions that someone would step in to let me know how proud my dad would be.  God knows exactly when we need our encouragement and those words would get me through months.

Maybe you are reading this and a dream you have let die has surfaced.  What are you waiting for?  What is stopping you? Dreams don't happen over night.  They may take months, years, decades...but whatever the timeline...don't lose hope.  It is never to late to dream.  You are never too young and you are never too old.  Don't be afraid to fall... because you just may fly!

Comments