If You're Happy And You Know It

If You're Happy And You Know It 

If you're happy and you know it ... finish for me... then your face will surely show it.  That's a happy - fun song -- no matter what age you are in life. It's just a happy song. 

I am not good at hiding my feelings or thoughts when it comes to my facial expressions. A lot of us fall into that category.  But then there are some people that could have just lost their dog - found out their spouse was leaving them - been diagnosed with a terminal illness - yet still smile. They could possibly be hit in the head with a bat and turn around with a smile plastered on their face. That's just what they do - smile!! And nothing is wrong with that - honestly I wish more people smiled! 

Recently, my oldest brother proposed to his girlfriend, Kristen Frith. So she was the topic of conversation for the next few days. One conversation in particular, I hear the words, "she's always smiling."  I read comment after comment on my brother's Facebook post about the same thing. She's always smiling. What a wonderful compliment for not one but many people to say about her.  A joy to be around. Happiness rubs off on others. Smiles are contagious.  A smile can brighten anyone's day. 

The other day in the car pick-up line, I turned to find my little niece (Addy) looking at me. I smiled and waved and within 1 second -- that little girl had a smile from ear to ear waving back ... She is pure joy on the darkest of days! Her smile makes all the bad just disappear! She is one that falls into the category of those that always have a smile on their face.  She is a ray of sunshine anywhere and everywhere she goes. Those of you that know her would agree.  And she gets it honestly -- her mother is the same way!  You always see white teeth when you see Jodi K.  What if the world was filled with more people like Addy, Jodi and Kristen? I would venture to say - it would be a much happier place! 

Which made me think - what do people say about me? Do they see me as happy? Am I someone who smiles a lot? Can I smile through life's storms or just smile when all is right in the world?  Not a fake smile but a genuine smile. Because if you truly are happy - your face will surely show it! 

What does your face say about you?? S

Comments