I've Got Nothing

I've Got Nothing 

For the past several weeks, my mind has been blank when it came to ideas for my blog.  I have had several topics I wanted to share that are near and dear to my heart but I don't feel it's time to share those just yet. Or maybe it's not blank but yet filled with SO much that I don't even know where to start. 

So I will share what goes on inside my little head... Recently I have found myself watching those around me closely. I watch how they live. I watch how they love or don't love.  How they forgive.  How they forget.  How they judge.  I watch the little ones live with no worries or fear because life is good as they see it.  I watch the older folks-- Kendall has informed me that they need to be called the elderly -- live each day with a thankful heart.  Grateful that they get to see and live another glorious day!  I watch those who are on a new journey filled with much heartache and pain.  I watch them walk with so much grace and strength. I watch them smile when their world has been turned completely upside down.  I'm inspired by those who typically wouldn't make the list of "America's most inspirational." 

As I watch those around me, I have learned that life goes on.  It never stops for anyone.  From the day we breathe our first breath, until the day we breathe our last, life continues.  There is no pause button.  You know, for the moments you wish  you could freeze?  There is no rewind button. Because we need to look forward and not backwards.  Not at our past but our future.  There is no fast forward button to get through hard times.  To rush quickly through painful seasons.  Life just keeps going.  Every second of everyday.  We learn. We live.  We struggle. We grieve.  We hurt.  We worry.  But we smile. We laugh.  We find joy. We find strength we didn't know existed.  We cry.  We believe that our good days will far out way the bad days.  We may crawl but we use every ounce of energy we have to place one foot in front of the other.  

As you look around, do you ever find yourself questioning your life?  Your existence or purpose? Do you find yourself wasting the days that some know will be their last?  Take a closer look around your world.  Your circle.  Your life.  Open your eyes to see the small things.  Open your eyes to see the bigger things. Never forget to count your blessings even on the darkest of days.  

Know that life is good. Life is brief.  Don't wait to "get yourself together."  Life keeps going even when you don't want to step outside your door.  Wake up and LIVE life!! 

So though I have nothing... my heart is always filled with thoughts about life and others. Take a moment today and purposefully pause to watch those around you.  Both young and old.  Life will not slow down for you but, you can step back for a brief moment and watch LIFE lived. 

Life IS good!  

Comments