Looking Back

Wow, what a year this has been.  Ups and downs.  Twists and turns.  Highs and lows.  This year God has been faithful to me and revealed to me my purpose.  We all have a purpose in life but I have struggled for so long to see mine.  A single mom, raising a little boy.  That was the only purpose I saw in my life.  Now don't get me wrong, he is one of the greatest gifts I have ever been blessed with but aside from that, did I actually have a purpose?  Had I not been a mom, I felt I had no purpose.  No one needed me.  I didn't have anything to offer anyone.  I'm not rich by any means so my phone was never blowing up to come swimming, asking to go to the river or go on a hunt.  I'm not a handy "woman" or a mechanic, a plumber or an electrician.  I don't have skills to offer that many need.  So what am I here for?  I know so many struggle with this question.  Why am I here?  Why are you here?


This coming year, I will be intentional with the purpose God has given me at this time in my life.  I believe we go through seasons and God can and will use you during each season of your life.  I never would have dreamed I would be where I am today.  It was never my goal to be a single mom.  It was never my dream to endure the pain I have endured over the past several years.  I had bigger plans than what my life has reflected BUT GOD...don't you love those words...but God, took the mess, He took the ashes and made my life beautiful.  It may be a beautiful mess but it is slowly being restored each and every day.  So I found my purpose and I now I will cling to His promises as this new year approaches.  His promises are new every morning.  Aren't you so thankful for that blessing?  Yesterday is gone and behold, today is a new day.  He promises that He will make ALL things work together for His good.  Repeat that.  He will make ALL things work together for His good.  But Laurie, you don't know what trials I am facing today.  You don't know the mess I am in.  You don't know the heartache I have experienced over the past year.  No, I don't but I know that God is faithful.  I know that His promises are true.  I know that He will never leave us or forsake us.  I know that He can and will use each of us.  I know that our possibilities are endless with God at the center of it all. He will never fail us. 

I pray as you read this that you know you have a purpose.  You may have given up in 2015 because you felt as if you weren't needed.  Maybe you feel as if you are drowning and as each day passes, the water becomes deeper and deeper.  But God is our life saver.  He is ready to save you.  He is ready for you to live in freedom just as He created you to live.  The enemy will feed you lie after lie and eventually, you may start to believe him.  In 2016, I encourage you to read His promises over your life.  Read His promises over your kids and your family.  Embrace your journey and allow God to use you  There are so many who are desperate for someone to reach out their hand and help them through life.  Let's not ever allow someone to go through life as if they aren't needed, as if they have no purpose.

Look around you today and find someone who needs a hand.  Look at your own life and know that God is for you.  The world may be against you, but God will fight for you.  You only need to let go, and let God.  You are a promise.  You are a possibility.  You have potential.  You matter.

Comments