A Pair of Shoes Can Change Your Life


Cinderella is proof a new pair of shoes can change your life.  Well, I didn't get a new pair of shoes but a new pair did enter our lives a few short weeks ago.  And they have changed our lives forever. 

If you are reading this blog for the first time, let me start by telling you that I am a single mom to an eight year old little boy.  He is my world and my world has completely revolved around him since the day he was born.  But just a couple of weeks ago, I got a text message that would completely change that.  I am forever grateful for my friend that perhaps heard the voice of God when she sent me a simple text message.

This past year has been one with many ups and downs, highs and lows but one that continues to remind me how faithful our Lord is to us.  When we let go.  And I mean, LET GO.  God can move in ways we could never imagine.  His plans far exceed our plans.  His ways are greater than ours.  My life is nothing like I imagined it would be but everyday, I look back and see the hand of God.  It amazes me when I see the doors He has opened that I never would have walked through had I not let go. 



You see, my son and I have had a void in our lives for the past few years.  I lost my dad over two years ago and it rocked my world.  It changed me and left a huge void in my life that no one could ever fill.  My little boy has had a void for the majority of his life.  His dad has not been a constant for the most part.  He's been in and out and once again left a void that could not be filled.  My son has siblings that he seldom gets to see so he doesn't get to experience what it's like to have brother(s) and sister(s).  I'm telling you this because I want you to know a little more about our lives without whining or complaining.  Believe me when I say, I am thankful for the life that we have.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  It has made us strong.  It has increased our faith and our trust in God.  I just want you to see a picture or glimpse into our world.  It's me and it's Kendall Beck, my son.  So once you understand our "normal" life, you can see just how perfect God's plan is in our life.


Kendall now has a "big sister" that he gets to see everyday for the next several months.  I would even venture to say that she will forever be a "big" sister to him.  He has gotten to experience so much that he has missed out on being an "only" child.  To watch them sit and look at pictures or play in the backyard completely melts my heart.  It's something I have longed for and prayed for over the past several years.  God knows my heart and He knows it better than I do.  Kendall wakes up ready to see Daniela and can't wait for the moment she walks in the door.  He wants to tell her everything.  He likes to "teach" her certain things and he also likes to learn from her.  We finally have family meals at our kitchen table.  We've had them in the past but now it's consistent.  Once again, something I have prayed for over and over. I have literally sat down at my kitchen table and prayed for it to be full of love and family.  It may not be full but it is full of love.  Daniela has been such a blessing to the both of us.  She has jumped right in to the sister/daughter role.  She has made our house feel like a home.

I understand that the void we have in our lives may never be filled but it's amazing just how God works.  How God moves.  How He opens doors at just the right time.  This Christmas season will be different but different in a good way.  The heartache that we typically feel around the holidays will be lessened because a new pair of shoes entered our lives.

Daniela came to the United States for completely different reasons than what I mentioned above.  But I do believe we will learn more from her than she will learn from us.  Our lives have been changed.  I stand amazed when I think about all God has done for me and my son. 


Don't ever doubt God.  Don't give up when you think He doesn't hear your prayers.  Learn to let go.  Learn to trust that His ways are far greater than our own. 

 

 






Comments