Don't You Be Getting Tired

How many of you are just flat out tired?  Does that even make sense?  I am clearly tired.  Or I am completely worn out.  Can I be honest with you tonight?  Well, I'm honest every time I write.  The past several weeks, I have been exhausted.  I don't know if it's because I experienced jet lag after my trip from New York.  Maybe it's because I got up at 4:00 a.m. and went hunting?  Then I went black "Thursday" shopping.  Perhaps it's because I like to stay up a little too late and then get up early, because I am an adult.  Adulting isn't always fun.  But the past few weeks, I have grown weary.  I started to question things and maybe even question God.  I don't mean His existence but question why or how. (I'm digging a hole with this)  Or maybe I just think I'm spinning my wheels.  But He always reminds me of one thing...and I will get to that at the end of this blog post. 

Have you ever wondered why good things happen to bad people?  Or maybe you have wondered why bad things happen to good people?  I am going to do my best and explain what I have felt for the past few weeks so I'm going to need to you to focus.

Have you ever worked really hard and never gotten anything in return for working so hard?  But then you see someone who doesn't even work, and they seem to get more.  This is beginning to sound like I am comparing my life to others but that's not where I am going with this so continue to focus.  You see others constantly doing wrong and living wrong but somehow, they always seem to make ends meet.  Ive seen those gripe and complain about certain events in their life to try and win the hearts of others while succeeding.  Or maybe you have helped someone over and over and over but continue to get used and abused.  Have you ever gone out of your way to do something for another and it seems to come back and bite you in the tail?  You do right.  You keep to yourself.  You work for everything you have.  You love with everything you have.  You fight for everything you have and those you love.  But yet, it seems to be overlooked. 

Now the other scenario.  You see those who are gentle, patient, kind, hard-working and just all around good.  But then you see tragedy happen in their life.  You see those give and give and give when they have nothing to give.  We see it too often, "only the good die young."  Cancer strikes the young.  Accidents happen to the best of the best.  Those who give seem to get taken advantage of more often than not.  Those who work hard to provide for their family lose everything they have.  Do you get my point?

So why?  Why do we continue to do good if nothing good seems to get returned?  That's the selfish side of us.  I want to encourage you today, don't grow weary in doing good.  Don't stop loving on the lost.  Don't quit reaching out to the forgotten.  You may not see the seeds you plant grow.  You may be the one that plants the seed while someone else comes along to water that seed.  We don't "do" to get the credit. We "do" because that's what we are called to "do."

Galations 6:9 says, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Proverbs 3:27  "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act."

I challenge you all...do not grow weary.  Do not stop doing good.  Don't repay evil for evil.  Do not give up. 

       

Comments