Day 2 in Chicago

Day 2 

CAN. NOT. MOVE.

WOW. I would HIGHLY advise getting a hotel with a bathtub.  After being on our feet ALL day the day before, I needed to sit for a moment.  I can't even begin to explain just how bad my body was hurting.  I will clarify that I had fallen (not because I am clumsy) the day before we left for vacation and thought I may have fractured or severely bruised my hip.  It was BAD.  But, I wasn't and couldn't let that stop of from living it up.


Hotel Felix

We headed out towards the zoo and can I say, I quickly learned how to use our GPS and we were able to get to places much quicker.  We didn't spend the entire day lost and waking in circles.

Thank. The. Lord.

We really didn't have an agenda so we were in no rush.  We couldn't walk that fast to begin with so the stroll towards the zoo was simply amazing.  


 Aston Martin

Well, hello beautiful.  My son LOVES sports cars or should I clarify... expensive cars.  We passed an Aston Martin dealership so we decided to go inside.  The salesman was super nice and let us sit in every single car so... sit we did.  I told him we would be back to sign papers later that day or in a few years.


Let's clear things up real fast.  Chicago is HOT.  There was nothing windy about this so called windy city. But there is FREE in the windy city and one of those free things is...the zoo.

Lincoln Park Zoo

This place is incredible and did I mention FREE?  They say most things in life aren't free but we took advantage of this opportunity.  The zoo was large but absolutely beautiful and clean.  Almost spotless.  And did I mention free?

Kendall's selfie with the gorilla

I could spend hours watching monkeys.  They mesmerize me and if I could, I'd take one of every kind home with me.  Will you just look at this gorilla giving my son the eye roll?


Sue

After the zoo, we took an Uber to The Field Museum.  Make sure that you mark off an entire day for this place because it's the size of a small city.  We did not plan accordingly BUT we couldn't feel our legs by this point so we literally just spent a bunch of money to take a picture with Sue.  But... it was worth it.

Snapchat Fun

Snapchat Fun

I was almost in tears.  I seriously thought my hip was fractured by this point.  My feet... I have no words for the pain I was feeling in my feet.  So we had no choice but to sit.  So sit again we did.  It was the best part of our day.  Not because we were sitting but because we laughed HARD for about 30 minutes.  FREE fun.  

We closed down The Field Museum and once again took an Uber to make our way back to Oak Street Beach.  But not before a quick picture of Soldier Field.  Had I planned my trip a little better, we could have seen a preseason game. But like I said...we had no agenda.

Soldier Field


Pictures just don't capture the beauty of this Lake



Memories of my Dad

We stayed at the beach (FREE)for hours until the sun disappeared behind the city skyscrapers.  When the sun wasn't beaming down on us, it was cool.  It felt like fall in August. The perfect temperature I might add.


One of the only pictures my son requested

Gucci is located on the Magnificent Mile.  It was my favorite place to stroll when the sun went down.  The city came to life at night and I will share more about that in another post.


Hardrock Cafe


Hardrock was not on our places to visit but my son had never been to one.  It wasn't but about a block from our hotel so it was easy on the feet.  Did I mention how bad they hurt?

While eating, we were thoroughly entertained by this "girl" that sat in a booth across from us.  She was alone but obviously (hopefully) had someone on the phone with her.  She kept smiling but awkwardly, every time she looked down at her phone.  I won't even go into details about the things this girl did at the table but our bellies hurt from laughing so hard.  She had NO CLUE anyone was even watching her... nor did she probably care.  Once again... free entertainment.

I do believe this was my favorite meal of the week.  We both got the burger and neither of us left not one crumb.

That was the end of Day 2.  By this time, I had no feeling in my legs.  I just knew I was going to be useless the next day.


  




Comments