Yellow is the NEW Black




For as long as I can remember, my favorite color has always been black.  Why?  Because my oldest brother liked the color black so little sister obviously had to like that color, too.  If you were to ask my son what's his mother's favorite color...he would say without hesitating, black.  It goes with everything.  It's a power color.  It's classy.  But it's also dark.  It's the color most wear to funerals.  I'm not even sure why.  I need to research that I guess but I do believe it symbolizes mourning.

But over the last several months, my likes have started to change.  One in particular -- my favorite color.

Let me explain why.

Most of you that follow me know Angel's story.  I did not have the pleasure of personally knowing Angel and I'm so sad that I didn't have the opportunity to personally know her but... what I learned from her family and friends will impact me forever.

People always talk about legacy.  What will we leave behind?  But what about our impact we have while we are living?  Why don't we strive to make an impact on those around us NOW?  If we can impact others now, I'm pretty sure our legacy would make a greater impact AFTER we are no longer here.

What we do now will determine how we are remembered later?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that."  
Martin Luther King

I no longer see yellow as a color I look absolutely awful in but a bright ray of sunshine.  I see yellow as light.  I see yellow as life.  I see Angel when I see yellow.

Black is no longer my favorite color because I don't want to be surrounded by darkness when I could be surrounded by light.  I don't want to be death when I could be life.  Angel and her family taught me and many others what it's like to walk by faith.  To live out your faith.  She taught us what it means to let your FAITH be bigger than your FEAR.

We all need a little more yellow in our life.  Will you be somebody's yellow today?

You can read more about Angel's story at Angel's Army on Facebook

www.facebook.com/Faith-over-Fear-Angels-Journey


Comments

Post a Comment