I Met Someone


For those of you that may not know me or my story, I am a single mom to an eleven year old boy.  He is my absolute world and the person I live for and pray for every single day of my life.

Our little world is small but those who are in it mean the world to us.  In 2018, part of our world moved to Northern New York, leaving our little world even smaller.  My son's cousins are his built in best friends so it took a toll on him.  My son experienced a lot of loss in 2018 leaving him feeling alone and unwanted.  It was a very hard year for us that led up to an even harder year in 2019.

But God...

I don't know if I will ever fully grasp how God works or accept the fact that He is always at work.  He's moving behind the scenes.  He goes before us and paves a way for us even when we don't know how or when He will do it.

I knew that Thanksgiving Day of 2018 was going to be hard for us.  I knew my son would be alone as far as kids were concerned.  I won't go into much detail about that but I knew something had to be done.  I prayed and asked God to do it again.  It wasn't the first holiday I needed God's help.

A month or so before Thanksgiving break, a got a message from someone asking if I wanted tickets to the Saints game.  I looked up the date and to my surprise... it was on Thanksgiving Day.  To top it off, it was on the 22nd.  Once again for those of you that do not know me, the #22 is a very significant number for us.  I jumped at the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving Day in New Orleans with my son.

Before we left, I kept telling my son that this trip was God ordained.  Every single detail leading up to this trip had the hand of God all over it.  Little did I know just how God ordained this trip was for us - and a few around us. 


My best friend, Robin


I was a little sad that we would miss a Thanksgiving meal but I could easily get over that when we got to the game.

But God...

God already had that planned for us.  Little did I know my best friend was going to be in New Orleans visiting her family.  So I did what any good friend would do... I crashed her family Thanksgiving.

We met my friend, Robin, for lunch and within ten seconds of walking through the door, I was greeted by a lady I had never met.  A lady that would later introduce me to a particular someone.
  

Before the game

On our drive to the game, I was still trying to make sense of the information I had been given while we were at lunch.  However, I quickly forgot everything as we approached the New Orleans Superdome.  I grabbed one of the people we were with to snap a quick picture of us.  She took several to make sure at least there would be one good picture.  You know it takes several tries to get one good one.  I can't remember how many pictures she took but one of them stood out to me because it was different than the rest.  Every picture had someone in it except this one.  This one was perfect... no one except me and my son and the #22.  Hello #22... I see you.  It just made my heart happy as I continued to echo the words... "This trip is God ordained."


Our Journey Was Just Beginning

We cheered the Saints on as they defeated the Falcons and left New Orleans the next day.

We left what we thought was a God ordained day behind in New Orleans.

Thanksgiving with a friend.
Thanksgiving cheering on the Saints.

How much better could it get?

Little did we know God was already preparing us for our next Thanksgiving Day.


To be continued...









Comments