Who Even Cares?

 Who Even Cares?


I often question myself when it comes to writing.  I was never good at English and my grammar... well, it's not the best.  I just write as I feel led.  I use punctuation as I think it should be used.  So, if any of that bothers you... I suggest stopping at this point.  I don't ever claim to be an author or exquisite writer... I just simply share my heart. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why write?  Why share my heart?  Who even cares?  

Those are questions I ask myself on a regular basis.  But I feel it deep in my soul to share my heart.  Sometimes it might be personal and sometimes it might be very random.

Can an ordinary person make a difference?  Can ordinary lives impact others? 

I'd like to believe so because that's what most of us are...

ordinary people living ordinary lives...

We all have stories... some are tragic... some are beautiful... some are filled with grief to the max and some are heartwarming from the beginning to the end...

So how can ordinary become extraordinary???

When you aren't born into fame...

When millions aren't following you...

How can you make a difference?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I had a fairly simple life...

Sure we had hardships growing up... but I felt like we overcame them all...

Then life changed... 


I learned a lot in a short period of time.  I learned that we are a lot stronger

than we realize.  When life hands you a bad deck of cards... you play your best.

And that's how ordinary becomes extraordinary...

I know more people can relate to me than will admit.

I know addiction is real.  Some hide it.  Some ignore it.  Some pretend it's not there.  But the truth is... it's there... it's everywhere.

It doesn't discriminate.  It attacks anyone that it can get it's hands on.

Your husband.  Your wife.

Your son.  Your daughter.

Your pastor.

Your friend.

Your neighbor.

Your not so wealthy.  Your wealthy.

It's seen as shameful.  It's embarrassing.  It's not something many talk about.  

Only the weak fall prey.  FALSE.

We can ignore it or we can address it.

We live in a hurting world.

Many don't know how to deal with life so they numb themselves to get through everyday life.  It's no secret that life is HARD. 


We carry the chains of our past that drag us down. 

We carry the guilt of our decisions.

We bury our hurt.

We ignore our pain.

We sink.

But what if we shared our struggles?  What if we shared our pain?  What if we were more compassionate?  What if we tried to understand those around us rather than judge them? What if we stopped pointing fingers?  What if we encouraged rather than insulted others?  What if we didn't place labels on people?

Who would even care?

I'm willing to bet someone out there today would care...

They care if you look past their past...

They care if you see them as an overcomer rather than a failure...

They care if you give them a chance rather than write them off...

They are if you speak rather than ignore them...

Perhaps your the ONE person that cares...

The ONLY person that cares...

Don't ever think that ordinary can't become extraordinary!

YOU matter & YOU can make a difference!


Comments