I HAVE NOTHING

 I HAVE NOTHING 



Someone asked me recently what I wanted to be when I grew up?

It was a joke but I really wanted to answer it because I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  Shouldn't I know this by now?  At the age of 40, shouldn't I know what I want to be when I grow up?

I have a gift.  A gift to see in others what they may not be able to see.  I see potential.  I see talent.  I see their heart.  My degree is in Marketing and I feel like I could market people.  I see people that could write books about their lives.  I see people that have walked on water when they should have drowned. 

But one person in particular told me that they don't have anything going for themselves.  

Oh, they are SO wrong. 

The world sees people that have fame and fortune.  The world sees people that have luxurious houses... note that I didn't say homes.  The world sees people that have instagram worthy pictures of their family.  The world sees people that have "made it."  But what the world doesn't see...

Those that get up every single morning despite odds being stacked against them.
Those that get back up after they have fallen down 70 times.  
Those that lose it all and fight to get just one thing back.
Those that walk confidently in front of others that have slandered them. 
Those that smile when their world is falling apart.
Those that fight when it would be easier to give up.
Those that beg God to give them the strength to stay sober just one more day.
Those with courage that fight silent battles.

So maybe the world sees me as nothing... as having nothing...

Perhaps that's how you feel the world sees you...

Sometimes its those with nothing... that actually have the most! 

Don't sell yourself short...
Don't let the enemy tell you that you are something you're not.

YOU matter.
YOU have a story.

So what do I want to be when I grow up?

I want to be someone that sees something in those the world walks past.



Comments