What Paralyzes You


Almost one year ago, I had a friend, Trey McClendon, injured and paralyzed from a diving accident.  Several months ago I was sitting in my car watching his testimony on my phone and listening to his unwavering faith as he made jokes about his accident.  He wasn't making light of the situation but merely acknowledging the fact that his faith was strong and that God would keep His promise. He and his wife didn't let a tragedy "paralyze" their lives.  They stood firm on their beliefs and kept looking forward to what was ahead of them.

I sat in a parking lot of a clinic and cried because it suddenly brought me back to reality in my life.  Where was my faith?  The past several years of my life certain situations have created emotions that "paralyzed" me.  I have doubted that my life would ever be normal again.  I have worried about my future and the future of my little boy.  I fear that some circumstances won't change.  But all of those words:  doubt, worry and fear are not of God.  Trey stated in his testimony that perfect LOVE casts out ALL fear.  What Satan attempted to do in the life of Trey, failed.  God said that he is mine.  Trey focuses on what he CAN do instead of what he CAN'T do.  He continues to speak healing over his body.  Trey can move his arms and in time, he will be able to walk away from what Satan intended to paralyze.

Addiction is something that has so many people paralyzed.  Hearing the words "you have cancer" can paralyze you or a loved one.  Worry, fear and doubt have attempted to paralyze my faith.  Satan tries to paralyze us daily by feeding our minds with thoughts that will take our focus off of the word of God.  The word of God is life.  God's word says that He will make all things work together for His good.  What Satan intends to destroy, God will turn into a victory for His glory. 

The day I heard Trey's testimony and again at Christ Church, God challenged me to increase my faith.  I want the unwavering faith that Trey and his wife have had the past 11 months.  They chose to focus on God's word instead of letting fear take over and destroy all.  Don't let fear, doubt or worry keep you from living life to the fullest.  Don't let fear keep you from applying for a higher position at work.  Don't let doubt keep you from achieving your dream.  Don't let worry rob you of joy.  Don't let addiction keep you from living life to it's fullest.  Don't let a certain diagnosis rob you of what life you have today.

What paralyzes you today?  What keeps you from moving forward in life?  I challenge you today to take your focus off of your problems and set your eyes upon the word of God.  It is full of LIFE!!

Comments