Stirring of the Dust

One Saturday as I was leaving the football complex where my 5 year old plays ball, I looked up at one of the windows of my truck and there were little hand prints everywhere.  I hadn't seen those little hand prints until the dust was stirred and stuck to the sticky residue my child decided to leave behind.  I smiled because it reminded me of a story an older lady had told.

She would rarely wipe her windows where her kids had left evidence of them playing peek a boo or staring outside.  Little nose marks.  Little fingerprints.  Little details of a small child.  She said one day she would look through those windows and wish she could see her kids playing.  But, they grow up.  So she decided to enjoy and cherish their little reminders while she could.

I didn't wash my truck for a few days so as I worked, the song "I Saw God Today" kept coming to my mind.  That is our song for Kendall, my son.  Though it mentions a baby girl, it's a reminder about God in everyday life.  His fingerprints and hand prints are a reminder of God's blessings.  But it also brought to mind how we can't always see God.  We can't see His blessings until the "dust" is stirred.  We can't see the hand of God during the storm.  But after the storm calms, perhaps if we look carefully, we will see the hand prints of God.  We will see the unseen.  So the dust may be stirring in your life right now, but remember we can't always see God.  But we trust Him.  Know He's there and He will leave evidence that He was there during the stirring of the dust.

Comments