I Was Called The Elite Of The Elite

I was called the elite of the elite... By a man who had accomplished more than most will in a lifetime... By the age of 30. This incredible man was Lee Fletcher. He had contacted me not long after he was diagnosed with cancer because he wanted to talk with my dad. We were making plans to fly me to New York and meet once again with Fadil Berisha, the official photographer for Miss USA and Miss Universe.  Excitement was in my life again.  Someone else believed in me and wanted to see my dreams come to pass.  Dreams that perhaps I couldn't even believe but Lee did.  Lee was an encourager and he wanted to see others succeed.  He always had positive words for everyone who walked through the doors of The Fletcher Group, his advertising agency. He had a passion for life and it was so visible.  Lee reminded me of my dad. Both had a passion bigger than life at a very young age and both of them pursued their goals before the age of 35.

Lee stirred gifts within me that had long been gone.  I would call my mom and dad to share with them the words Lee spoke over me.  Why? Because we all want to feel like we have a purpose and Lee wanted to see my purpose lived out before his eyes.  Unfortunately his life was ended far too soon.  There are days I wish I could talk to Lee.  He was part of my fan club! My dad always told me that Lee was my biggest fan.

I share this because I have never forgotten those words... When I begin to doubt my purpose... Those words creep back in my mind... "I am the elite of the elite."  I don't say that out of arrogance. I say that because words are powerful!

What words have been spoken over you that you've never forgotten? Words that birthed a dream that had died?

Sometimes others can see something in someone that they can't see for themselves.  Never miss an opportunity to share what you see in someone.  It may be exactly what they need when they have forgotten their purpose in life.

Proverbs 13:2 ...good people enjoy the positive results of their words.

Comments