I'll Praise You In The Storm

There is so much to ponder on reading that short title.. I'll praise you in this storm! On June 22, 2013...I lived these very words.  I was about to endure the biggest storm of my life.  It had been several hours after we received the news about my dad when my brother's girlfriend and I were cleaning my parents room.  We were talking and looking through things when we heard a noise.  We had no idea what it was or where it was coming from so we followed it.  Under a pile of clothes, we found a radio...unplugged...and from this radio, which had no source of power, came the words I'll praise you through this storm filled the room.   For those of you that do not know the lyrics... Please read them below and try to understand what I felt as a daughter who just lost her dad.

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away


[Chorus:]

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away


I lift my eyes unto the hills

Where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

Can you for one second imagine what went through my mind? I was torn... Broken... Daddy's girl had just lost her daddy... And out of the blue this song comes on...from a radio that has been hidden under a pile of clothes... From a radio that was not plugged in a power source! I think I may have giggled because God was speaking directly to me. 

He said Laurie, learn to praise me no matter your circumstances... Raise your hands in complete surrender.  Peace flooded my soul! My heart was made whole! And from that moment on... I have praised Him through the storm. 

Know that God hears your cries... He knows your hurts... Know He cares... And learn to praise him through the storm... Because a storm doesn't last foreve

Comments