Father's Day without a Father


In 3, 2,1... Father's Day. The anticipation of what this day will or will not bring has consumed my mind for the past few weeks. For so many... not just for me or my son. A day my little boy 
has never truly shared with his father. A day I've never gone without sharing with mine. Until now.

 A journey that will never end... though so many forget. Father's Day is a reminder of what neither of us have in our lives.  I don't forget that...   ever... But this year it's like the Grizwold's  house at Christmas... You can't miss it... You can't ignore it... It's there! Our first Father's Day without our dad.

 What do you do? I've contemplated  leaving town so I don't have to be around others celebrating the men in their lives.  It's not easy seeing wives rave about their husbands on social media or seeing pictures of families on Father's Day. 

But I'm not leaving, I'm going to put on my big girl pants and deal with it! I can't escape it nor can I run from it.  We are going to celebrate OUR father.  We are going to celebrate the here and now. I've lived in the past... There is nothing I can do to get the past back... If I keep looking back, I'll miss what is ahead of me and I KNOW God has great things in store for me... And my son. 

 I'm forever grateful for every single Father's Day I was able to spend with my dad (especially last year). And for my dad stepping in when Kendall needed a father. This Father's Day will be a first but it's also a new beginning to keep looking ahead so we don't miss what OUR Father has in store for us. The past is that... The past. It can keep us from experiencing God's best.

 Happy Father's Day to all of you incredible men!! Never question the impact you have on those around you! And I challenge those who have fathers present in their lives... To remember those who are hurting this Father's Day... And to pray for ALL dad's! They are important to every single family! 

To you mom's who are the mother and father... Happy "Father's" day to you... You are important and this day can be celebrated with JOY! 

Comments