Big Brown Eyes Are Watching You

Big Brown Eyes Are Watching You 

I should pay more attention to what I do on a daily basis. Sometimes it becomes routine and I don't even realize what I do around others before it is too late. Eyes have seen and ears have heard. There is no rewind button once words have been spoken or actions have been made. I never really thought that my little boy paid that much attention to what I did around the house or even in the car. I know that little kids typically want to be in the know but seldom does my son get in the middle of adult talk. He could care less.  But boy was I wrong. 

I received a text message the other day from my sister in love, Jodi. It was a heart my son had filled with words about love. He said he loved his family, his mommy and his daddy. That is usually a given from most children. But what I wasn't expecting was the line that said, "I love MY God." He then went on to write that his mommy does too. My little six year old said that God would do anything for him.  But the sentence that made my heart explode was one that read, "God is MY rock."  I don't know that I have ever mentioned this to him but I do sing the song with lyrics such as, "on Christ the solid rock I stand." Did he over hear me one morning as I was whispering these words? Does he pay more attention to my actions when our world seems to be falling apart? How did my little boy know that God is our rock?

Later that night, I asked about the picture he drew with those words. I wanted to know how he knew that his mommy loved God. He told me that he watched me read my Bible. He told me that I was kind and that I showed others love!  Wow! Wow! Wow!! 

I have prayed for so long that my little boy would see me reading my Bible and pay close attention to my actions. Do I fail? Daily.    But this was a lightening bolt that reminded me to be careful because little eyes are all around. Little ears are listening to our every word. Whatever we say and do... They watch. Whether we are being serious or joking.  They watch. 

What do little eyes see when they are around you? 

Comments